My name is Bethany, and I like to write.
Funny how that sounds like an introduction at a self-help meeting.
A few facts about me:
- I am the youngest of five children.
- I grew up in Amish Country. In fact, my grandparents left the Amish church when my mother was a child.
- I’ve been an avid reader since first grade, when I discovered the book series “The Littles.”
- I love music and wanted to be a singer when I was a child.
- I became a Christian at 9 years old. My faith is my life, and I couldn’t imagine life without God.
- I’ve struggled with depression and anxiety since the age of 16.
- I was single until the age of 29. That ended in 2016 when I married my first and only boyfriend.
- I’m passionate about finances, and I am a financial coach for the sheer fun of it.
What to expect
On this blog, I typically write about once or twice a month.
In general, I tend to write about my faith. This includes unpacking what being a Christian woman looks like in the here and now.
However, I also write often about relationships: singleness, dating, marriage and friendships. And often I’ll talk about how I manage depression and anxiety.
Here are a few blogs other people seem to like.